Wednesday 3 August 2016

Glace Cherry Muffins

Say hello to my extra large friends. Okay, so I can not tell you how long I have wanted an extra large muffin tin and last weekend my prayers were answered! Here's the scenario. I was in this cooking shop with my sister, and I kept telling myself, do not buy anymore baking accessories, Kay you do not need anything... as I picked up chocolate moulds and measuring spoons.  And then, my sister points out this muffin tin, and well, it happened. So it was only fitting that I christened the tin with my favourite type of muffins, the cherry kind. I adore cherry muffins, though supermarkets never seem to sell them anymore, how depressing is that?

With this new tin, I was able to make them extra large, which means more cherries inside, and that in it's self is all the feels. I added a little golden syrup to the muffins as it gives them a little more sweetness, it also makes the inside slightly gooey and moist. If you don't have a deep muffin tin, then a regular muffin tin or cupcake tin will work just as well, just use regular muffin cases and fill two thirds of the way full.


Cherry Muffins
(Makes 6 large muffins)

2 Eggs
250ml Whole Milk
125ml Vegetable Oil
200g Caster Sugar
400g Self Raising Flour
1 Tsp Salt
150g Glace Cherries, halved
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.

Line a deep muffin tin with muffin cases, or like I did with grease proof paper. To do this, cut a square out big enough for the hole and for the mixture to fit in to.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs lightly using an electric mixer. Add in the oil and milk and whisk until just combined, then add in the sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.

Sift in the flour and salt and beat together until smooth and well combined. Add in the golden syrup and vanilla extract and beat together for one minute. Stir in the cherries.

Fill the muffin cases/ grease proof cases three quarters of the way full and bake in the oven until risen and so a skewer comes out clean, this should take around 20-25 minutes.

Once cooked, leave to cool in the tin for five minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool completely.

However, nothing beats a warm cherry muffin so I highly recommend eating one warm!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Just had a massive computer fail and deleted the comment :| Monday mornings hugh? But I did read it first! I know, I don't know why they stopped selling them :( thanks so much for your kind words! Just found you on Instagram, add me @Kay993 xxx

      Delete

© Little House Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig