Monday 5 December 2016

My Cupcake Toppers | Review

There is no denying that I love decorating cupcakes, coming up with themes and transferring them through flavours, frostings and decorations. Sometimes, there is just not enough time to decorate 24 plus cupcakes on a tight deadline. That's where pre cut cupcake toppers come in really handy. Not only are they quick and easy to place on top of frosting or icing, you can get them in pretty much any theme, colour and shape, meaning you can get a topper for almost every occasion!

My Cupcake Toppers* is a great website to grab almost any topper, at reasonable prices. I was lucky enough to get hold of some to review for you guys. I went through the website and chose a few different types of toppers to test out. The website is really easy to navigate around and the ordering process only took a minute or so. I really liked that it was simple and easy to use, as some sites can be confusing to find what you are looking for. I was super impressed with the delivery time too, my toppers were in my hand in only a matter of days. I only paid £1.15 for shipping too, which is a bargain, especially for recorded delivery!

You can get a variety of toppers from My Cupcake Toppers including film and TV (both adults and children) sports, special occasions and charity toppers. I grabbed myself a number of toppers from Harry Potter to some Christmas ones because of course it's the most wonderful time of the year. The toppers come in different forms too, from standard rice paper to edible icing. Again, I chose a variety of forms to test out. The price point is pretty darn good if you ask me. A pack of 12 standard pre cut rice paper toppers will set you back only £1.70, a pack of premium pre cut rice paper toppers costs just £2.70 and a pack of 12 pre cut edible icing toppers costs £6.00.

My Cupcake Toppers also have a design your own toppers section in which you can upload your own image and have that designed into any of the topper forms. I had the Little House Kitchen logo placed on top of the premium rice paper and I love it! They look really professional and are exactly how I wanted them to be.

Edible Icing
The edible icing toppers come on a sheet of A4 paper. I ordered Christmas ones to place on top of my mini Christmas cake cupcakes - recipe coming soon. The colour was nice and strong on the toppers which meant they didn't fade when placed on top of fondant icing. I found it a little tricky to get the toppers away from the backing sheet - however, I don't think I left them in the oven for as long as I should have. You have to pop the sheet in a cool oven for 10 minutes so that they peel away from the backing sheet. There is a handy video on the website to show you how to get the toppers away from the backing sheet.

Premium Rice Paper
I really liked the premium rice paper toppers. They were strong in colour and very sturdy. The toppers stuck to the frosting on my Christmas cupcakes really well and didn't loose colour over the day. I was worried that as soon as I stuck them to the frosting, it would go damp and effect the colour, this was not the case. They are a good size too, just bit bigger than a two pound coin which is great if you want to decorate most of your cupcake with a topper. They don't have much a taste to them, which can be a good and a bad thing. Good if you don't want it to add any flavour to your cupcake and bad if you eat them on their own...

Standard Rice Paper 
The standard rice paper toppers are quite a bit thinner than the premium ones and therefore are far more see-through too. I ordered a pack of Christmas toppers in the standard rice paper and could hardly see the pattern on them, other standard rice paper toppers on offer are however, better - and you can clearly see the designs. If I was going to pick out of the two, I would definitely choose the premium rice paper toppers, for only £1.00 more.

All in all, I would really recommend taking a look at this site and ordering some of your own toppers. Maybe someone in your family has a milestone birthday coming up or you fancy getting some Christmas themed toppers, whatever the occasion you can be sure to find it on My Cupcake Toppers. They would also make a great Christmas stocking gift too!

Look out for two Christmas cupcake recipes this week in which you can see the toppers in action.

If you would like to get your hands on some cupcake toppers use my discount code LITTLEHOUSE10 and you'll receive 10% of your first order.

*I was sent some of the toppers for review, however all opinions are my own. 










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little House Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig