Sunday 15 May 2016

This Weeks Loves 15/5/16

I find myself in an odd situation this week, I actually had the weekend off! And with that came the realisation that I will soon have every weekend off when I start my new job! And that makes me very happy. So, what have I been loving this week? 

After a long awaited few months the layer cake book I ordered finally came! At a bargain price of £3.99 I can honestly say its one of the best baking books I own. It's got some great cakes in there from rainbow cakes to chess board cakes and I can't wait to make something from it and share it with you guys. Another book I recently purchased and love is  'Afternoon tea at home' by Will Torrent. I adore afternoon tea and often think about making my own for my family, so this book has given me some great recipes to make it extra special. 

Okay, wearing nail varnish might not seem like a big deal, but I can finally wear it for longer than a few days without having to take it off. To celebrate this glorious occasion I went out and bought myself a new summery shade in the form of this beauty from Barry M. Its from their new collection Molten Metal and is in the shade Bronze Bae.

If you haven't been in a Tiger Shop then what are you doing with your lives? It is the best shop known to man. They sell anything and everything and is totally affordable. They sell a lot of baking and home ware things so I love going in there to see if I can pick up a bargain and I came across these little gems. I got a pack of 10 Mini cupcake stands, £2.00 and a pack of 10 mini paper plates, £1.00. I love the pattern as it looks like hundreds and thousands and I think they will look adorable as props in blog photos. 

When I sorted out my book shelf a few weeks ago I promised myself that I would start to read again as I have so many books I haven't touched and I just didn't have time to read, or should I say I never made time to read. When the sun is out and there is nothing to do, I love to pick up a book and head into the garden and 'All The Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven, is the book of the moment. Im only a third of the way through and I already love it. I love the characters and the interaction between them both, its also an easy read which I find is great for chilling in the garden or on holiday. 

I hope you have all had a fab week, let me know what you've been loving this week too. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little House Kitchen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig